What is a web seminar?
A web seminar is a live, interactive presentation given over the web, commented over teleconferencing (via the phone) or your computer and including slides and software demos. Some of the major advantages of such a medium compared to traditional seminars/presentation days include the following:
- It takes approximately one hour of your time
- You don’t need to travel
- You only need an internet connection and a phone
What do you need to know before joining an LMS web seminar?
- You need an Internet connection and separate phone line (if calling in instead of using VOIP) during the seminar.
- Some web seminars are organized in Europe and others in the US. You can recognize the European sessions by “CET time” and the US ones by “EST Time” in the title of the Web Seminar.
- The audio conference is accessible via either VOIP—using your internet connection and computer speakers—or via telephone, with call-in numbers available in several countries.
- Firewalls are no problem.
- There are no specific requirements with regard to your PC, Operating System or browser.
- Please check if the following is indicated in your browser: Tools - Internet Options - Advanced - Security - SSL 3.0
How does an LMS web seminar work?
- When you have clicked on the seminar of your choice, you are taken to the webex website where your selected seminar is listed.
- Verify the hour of the web seminar in your time zone by clicking on the “All meeting times in” on top of the page. You can then choose your time zone and click on “save”, which will display the web seminar hours in your time zone.
- Click on the “Register” button and fill out the registration form. You will then receive a confirmation e-mail.
- A few minutes before the seminar starts, go to the webex website and click on the “join” button next to the web seminar for which you have registered. Do not click on the “host login”!
- On your screen, you will see what the presenter is showing, in some cases also a web cam picture of the presenter. Additionally there is a control panel where you can type questions. All necessary plug-ins will be downloaded automatically at login time.
- To contact LMS Webhost, send an email to the following people:
- European sessions: email@example.com
- US sessions: firstname.lastname@example.org